Japanese medical tips & compare clinics and hospitals around Japan and find English and other language speaking doctors
DoctorQ Tips

Reviews from people around the world

Health Care System in Japan

The health care in Japan provides healthcare services, including screening examinations, prenatal care and infectious disease control, with the patient accepting responsibility for 30% of these costs while the government pays the remaining 70%. Japan’s Health-Care System Has Many Advantages, but May Not Be Sustainable. Payment for personal medical services is offered through a universal health care insurance system that provides relative equality of access, with fees set by a government committee.  Patients are free to select physicians or facilities of their choice and cannot be denied coverage. Hospitals, by law, must be run as non-profit and be managed by physicians. For-profit corporations are not allowed to own or operate …

Healthcare in Japan “A Personal Experience”

Several years ago I decided to visit Osaka for a holiday. Within 24 hours of arriving I developed mild abdominal discomfort and profuse diarrhea. I knew that this was probably linked to some of the street food I had eaten in Bangkok. Before I go into details about the Japanese healthcare system, let me get one thing straight-Japanese people live longer than most people on this planet and it is not due to the healthcare system but because of their healthy lifestyle. Anyway, I had such severe cramps that I decided to see a doctor and get something that would stop the diarrhea. However, unlike the US, Japan does not …

« 1 2
PAGETOP
Powered by WordPress & BizVektor Theme by Vektor,Inc. technology.